Monday, June 4, 2007

Jeeping is FUN!



So, I really enjoy jeeping. A few buddies from work and myself love going every work or as often as we can. In fact June is our June Jeep Jamboree. Here are a few pictures from last weeks expedition to a place called Little Moab which is about 1/2 hr south of Lehi - very south end of Utah Lake. The area isn't a very large place but it does have some class 5 (most difficult) obstacles and is full of a days worth of challenges and fun. I enjoy what the Jeep is able to do which is just about anything I dare to do. This week we'll be going up AF canyon and four-wheel up to Forest Lake which isn't so much a difficult trail (probably a class 2) but its a beautiful and relaxing drive.

What's fun about off-roading is my ability to climb just about anywhere and then cruise at high-way speeds. I love that. If you haven't ever considered off-roading, I strongly encourage it. It does have those moments when you wonder if you'll have to get a tow home, but it also has those moments when you think there is nothing more fun.

Here on the left is a picture of my buddy trying to pull me up. No, just kidding. He actually thought I was going to tip (which appearred to be very likely in this particular predicament) so he thought that if he could use his 130 lb body to shift weight that it would help. I don't care how heavy you are, gravity will always rule. Needless to say, we were fine and the Jeep showed no sign of trouble. If you have any questions or would like some four-wheel tips and pointers, don't hesitate to let me know.




1 comment:

Matt said...

Hi Ben. This looks so fun. One of these years, I'll have to make it down to the Jamboree and shoot some photos. I'm sure there is some spectacular jeep action to be seen.

Any more photos of your off-road antics?