Thursday, October 11, 2007

What Would Our World Do Without Them

What would our world do without people like Al Gore, Hillary Clinton, Spe-han-ton (Spears, Lohan, & Hilton), and Sean Penn? I can't think of a more influential group of icons, along with a few others, that can captivate a global audience like they can. And to think that we're captivated!

I mean, think of all the wonderful things Al Gore has done for our world. He's actually done so much that he has a shot at the Nobel Peace Prize. Wow! If he does win it, then he has proven to the world that ANYBODY can do it. All you need is compelling story, inaccurate facts, and idiot supports and you'll win. If Al can do it, I can do it. Let me put it this way: if I had received the Nobel Peace Prize for any previous work to help mankind, I'd give mine back. It is insulting to think that by educating the world with inaccurate and falsely researched facts on global warming, it can deserve such a prestigious recognition. I'm not saying that global warming isn't true (research ocean currents), but I am saying that he is misinformed and has misled a lot of people. That's a disservice and probably deserves the Nobel Conflict Prize. Think about it. All he's created is world conflict on this matter!

What about Hillary Clinton? What a super example of getting what you want. If I can have her same attitude in life, I'll get whatever I want. All I have to do is be willing to go on rampages and have a hot temper. Or what about Spe-han-ton? I couldn't ask for a better group of young women to set an example of irresponsibility for our young women. They're drug addicts, alcoholics, and sexual icons. Just what I want for my future daughters.

And then there is Sean Penn. I've always thought he was a good actor but boy, I couldn't believe how well he performed in Venezuela. I mean, I was almost convinced that he was actually trying to befriend a communist. He sure had me going for a while.

Maybe the reason why we as a society are so captivated by such public figures is because of their absolute idiocy, ignorance, and self-idolization and we just can't believe our eyes. Thank goodness, though, that there are people out there who do portray positive and optimistic influences, character, and outright good morals.

No comments: